|Real Customer Testimonials:
I just had to tell someone that I have not seen such excellent customer service that your company provides in a long time.
- Debbie Lyon
Great web site, very easy to use...I am in the e-commerce business and am not easily impressed with web design and internet shopping! I am impressed. Great prices! Thank you!
- Brian- View all Customer Testimonials - submit your comments here
Home > Generators > Backup Generators > Home Backup Generators >
Tell A Friend
Kohler 8.5 kW Home Standby Generator - 8.5RES
Item #: 8.5RES
Availability: In Stock - Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
FAIL-SAFE Protection Program: Optional Battery:
You Save: $123.05
Your home is a busy place. And a commercial-grade KOHLER® automatic home generator keeps that rhythm going by providing dependable protection during unexpected power outages. Available with 8.5 to 100kW output capabilities, KOHLER® home generators provide worry-free emergency power to support your electrical needs for days, or even weeks. Clean, quiet, automatic backup power - just what your family needs to be safe and comfortable.
- More Powerful Performance
- Kohler·s exclusive PowerBoostª technology provides greater motor starting capability for large loads such as central air conditioners while still running other home appliances and electronics.
- The Kohler 8.5 kW generator is powerful enough to start and run a typical 3 ton central air conditioner, while still running other home appliances and electronics
- Safer Power for Sensitive Electronics
- Many power sources can damage and degrade sensitive home electronics due to unstable power quality or high levels of total harmonic distortion (THD). KOHLER residential generators protect all of your valuable appliances and sophisticated electronics with cleaner, safe and stable power that meets strict utility requirements and IEEE standards for THD.
- Quieter Operation
- Quiet operation: 65 dB(A) at 7 m, similar to a typical vacuum cleaner
- Faster Response
- While many competitive products can leave you in the dark for 25 seconds or more during an outage, KOHLER generators restore power in as little as 10 seconds.
- Superior five-year limited warranty included
- KOHLER residential generators are commercial grade and have the warranty to back it up. This generator is supported by a premium five-year limited warranty.
- Digital electronic isochronous governor
- Digital voltage regulator
- LED display provides diagnostic capability
- Designed for Easy Installation
- Polymer base eliminates the need for a concrete mounting pad, reducing installation time and cost
- Fuel and electrical connections through the enclosure wall eliminate the need for stub-ups through the bottom
- Emission Certifications
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)-certified for both LP vapor and natural gas (field-convertible)
- Meets Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) nonstationary unit requirements
Transfer Switch Sold Separately
|Made in USA:
|Brand of Engine:
|Low Oil Alert:
||15.4 HP/ 624 cc|
|Consumer Engine Warranty:
|Commercial Engine Warranty:
|LP Power Rating:
|NG Power Rating:
||120/240 Volt Single-Phase|
|A/C Ton Rating:
||LP / Natural Gas|
|LP Consumption (50% Load):
||1.0 Gallons / hr|
|NG Consumption (50% Load):
||93 ft3 / hr|
||35 Amps @ 240 Volts (Single Phase)|
||Automatic (Not Included)|
||Not Included (525 CCA)|
||42.5 L x 30.5 W x 32.5 H|
WHAT IS FAIL-SAFE PRODUCT PROTECTION?
Fail-Safe Product Protection is comprehensive mechanical breakdown protection for your equipment that picks up where the manufacturer's warranty leaves off.
WHY DO I NEED FAIL-SAFE PROTECTION?
- Protects Your Investment: Today's equipment is more complex and costly to repair than ever before.
- Stabilizes the cost-of-ownership: The cost of one breakdown could be far greater than the cost of a Protection Plan.
- When your equipment is stolen you have insurance; when you have a breakdown, you need FAIL-SAFE Protection!
WHY CHOOSE FAIL-SAFE?
- Security is a must: Backed by a Amtrust Financial Services, an A.M. Best rated company.
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage: this type of coverage is NOT provided by homeowners or other types of insurance policies
- Loaded with Benefits:
- Covers parts and labor on all brands
- Low or no Deductible
- Pickup and Delivery benefit
- Loaner benefit
- Nationwide Service: FAIL-SAFE dealers are located throughout the U.S. and Canada. Should you move your Plan moves with you!
WHAT IS COVERED?
All mechanical, hydraulic or electrical parts, components and assemblies of the machine, excluding maintenance items like oil, filters, batteries, bulbs; or cosmetic items like paint, trim, decals or fabrics.
*see the FAIL-SAFE contract for details of these coverages and the contract terms, conditions & exclusions.
View and Print Full Details of FAIL-SAFE Protection Plans.